In episode 151, Mark talks about the secret to sales.
5 Golden Nuggets Shared:
- In sales, it’s important to understand the buyer’s journey and their thought process. Try to put yourself in their shoes and think like them. If you were them, what would drive you to buy your product or service?
- There’s a big difference between being pesky and being persistent. Be persistent with your customers, not pesky. Follow up with them, but don’t chase them.
- Listen for your customer’s pain points, follow up appropriately, and provide the solution they need. This is how you will best serve them and maintain a healthy relationship.
- Every lesson learned is an opportunity to share with others. Take your mistakes and turn them into value for others. We are all students of life!
- A simple phone call in business goes a long way. If you’re doing cold reach outs, try to give your contact a friendly call before sending off an email. Let them know on the call you will be following up with an email, so they can expect a follow-up. Try this personable approach with your next cold contact and see how they respond!